Recently added item(s)
Care and Maintenance of Hardwood Floors
- Use good quality entrance mats and dirt scrapers at all exterior doors to prevent dirt and grit entering your home. Dirt underfoot can act similar to sandpaper. Use further entrance mats in apartment blocks at your front door.
- Area rugs restrict wear in high traffic areas
- Floor protectors or felt pads allow furniture to be moved without marking floors and they should be replaced at regular intervals to prevent dirt or grit becoming embedded.
- Avoid high heels these can easily exert a pressure exceeding 2000 psi and can damage your floor. Wear appropriate footwear .
- Avoid potted plants placed directly on the floor
- Wipe up spills straight away with a damp cloth.
- Clip your pet’s nails frequently to avoid scratches and choose water bowls designed to avoid spills.
- Direct sunlight can cause wood to mature in colour .
- Vacuum dust or sweep regularly, probably daily, to remove dirt and grit .
- Do not use a vacuum with a revolving brush.
- Never use excessive amounts of water only a slightly damp mop.
- Micromops and wood floor cleaner are ideal , spray cleaner onto mop.
- Special polishes are available to protect the floors finish.
- Oiled finishes may require more attention but are easier to spot repair